Building Warranty Insurance can be a cost effective alternative to NHBC and can provide warranty (or latent defects) where it is difficult to arrange with NHBC.
Commercial Buildings Warranty
A Commercial Warranty (also known as Latent Defects Insurance) can be arranged for a wide range of buildings including supermarkets, offices, hotels, care homes, medical buildings. The buildings can be existing structures that are undergoing substantial refurbishment.
Commercial Warranty cover suitable for developers and commercial property owners who are undertaking new commercial building projects as well as partially built, completed commercial buildings and mixed use developments.
- 10 or 12 year Structural Warranty cover (12 year cover available if Contract is Under Seal)
- Full risk transfer in from year one of cover*
- Includes protection for external drains and car parks
- Cover as standard for additional costs, removal of debris and professional fees
- Additional cover available for seepage, business interruption and loss of rent payable or receivable
- Waiver of subrogation rights for RIBA and CIAT members
Home Warranty Insurance
New Home Warranty for house builders working on newly built or converted private residential developments.
Home Warranty can provide
- 10 year Structural Warranty cover
- Insolvency cover available both pre and post completion
- Full risk transfer in years three to ten of cover
- Mixed use development warranty cover available
- Alternative accommodation, additional costs, removal of debris and professional fees