RMK Insurance Brokers have looked after the business and personal insurance requirements of our family for many years now. We value their flexible approach and practical advice; being able to deal efficiently with the full extent of our various policies is a great advantage. We are able to contact them at any time and get immediate answers, their staff are knowledgeable and friendly. We have recommended them on a number of occasions.
Get a Quote Now?Please note terms obtained are non-advised and are based on information provided by yourself. This is very cost effective and these cost savings are passed on to you in the competitive terms produced.
Tax and VAT investigation Insurance cover quotes and cover available online.
This Tax and VAT investigation insurance covers up to £100,000 of fees incurred in respect of tax enquiries by HMRC
Thousands of individuals and businesses will face Tax and VAT investigations each year by HMRC. VAT and PAYE payments are thoroughly checked with the intention of raising more tax. Some will be randomly selected for a full enquiry as part of the Error and Fraud Analysis Programme. These are known as EFAP enquiries. As of April 2009 HMRC have been able to visit business premises to inspect all tax records. They can now also issue written queries before you have even submitted your annual returns. If you have a business insurance policy you may already have legal expenses insurance included that may provide some Tax/VAT investigation insurance. Alternatively there are specialist Tax and VAT investigation insurance providers that will pay for the professional costs of dealing with a Tax/Vat investigation. Self employed consultants are also subject to IR35 enquiries which is normally only provided in specialist Tax & VAT investigation policies. Click here for Claims Examples. RMK can arrange Tax & VAT investigation insurance for businesses to cover the following –
- Income Tax Self Assessment Full Enquiries – following the issue of S12AC TMA 70 notice by the Inspector of Taxes together with a request to examine all of the business books and records or, in the case of a personal taxpayer, all of the underlying documents used in the preparation of the Self Assessment Return.
- Corporation Tax Self Assessment Full Enquiries – following the issue of the Notice under S24 (1) Schedule 18 Finance Act 1998 together with a request to examine all of the business books and records.
- Employers Compliance Disputes – the cover is in respect of PAYE, P11D and NIC disputes following the issue of a letter, assessment or notice by the Inland Revenue following an audit visit, providing there is a prospect of reducing the alleged liabilities.
- HM Customs & Excise VAT Disputes – following the issue of a written decision, assessment or statement of alleged arrears by HM Customs & Excise into Value Added Tax default surcharges and misdeclaration penalties providing there is a prospect of reducing the alleged VAT liabilities
- IR35 Disputes.
Tax and VAT investigation insurance quotes are provided from the Solartax Website and you will leave this site once you click the quote button.
If you are an accountant we can also help you to arrange a Tax and VAT investigation insurance facility for your own clients.
- Private & Business client in Dartford
We were recommended to use RMK when we started up our new company in 2012 and we have not looked back since. The main thing for me is that it takes all the work out of it for us and Kevin is always on hand for any insurance queries. We have always received honest friendly advice. With their expert knowledge of the insurance market, they have managed to obtain the best possible rates for us and have dealt with any claims efficiently and expediently. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone, either an individual or a business.Katrina
Property and Personal Insurance
RMK Insurance Consultants have been our brokers for the past 21 years for the simple reason that they have always achieved what is in our best interests. We have every confidence in their advice and thus safe in the knowledge that we have the right insurance cover for our business.Martin Cosgrove
M G Cosgrove Construction Limited.
I have introduced RMK Insurance to several of my clients and they have consistently provided impartial advice on all aspects of business insurance and have always delivered an excellent service. I have no hesitation in recommending them.Robert Mears
Business Management Consultant